The following conditions apply to the sale of goods by Laminates Direct Ltd trading as Express Encapsulation & Lamination, hereinafter called the Company. No alterations or additions to, nor exclusion of, any part of these conditions shall be valid in law unless specifically agreed to in writing by a Director of the Company.
1. Nothing in the Buyer’s Terms of Purchase shall override, cancel or modify any of the Company’s Standard Terms and Conditions of Trade.
2. No order submitted shall be deemed accepted, unless subsequently confirmed in writing. The Company reserves the right to accept or refuse any order; in the event of refusal, no expenses or damages of any kind will be payable. No order which has been accepted may be cancelled, except on written acceptance of the terms for the cancellation, which shall indemnify the company against all loss, including loss of profit. The Company is unable to accept cancellation or return of orders for goods that have been specially ordered, or due to large quantity, specially made or cut to size.
3. Orders over £100 net of VAT for laminating roll film are carriage paid in the UK mainland only. Orders over £200 net of VAT for encapsulation are return carriage paid in the UK mainland only. Orders over £300 net of VAT for encapsulation are pickup and return carriage paid in the UK mainland only.
4. All prices quoted (including those in the pricelist) are exclusive of VAT. All prices are subject to change without notice. Products ordered for immediate delivery are sold at the price ruling at the date of acceptance of the order. Unless otherwise agreed, in every other case products are sold at the prices ruling at the date of dispatch.
5. Charges for goods and services supplied by the Company shall be paid for in full on or before delivery or completion, unless the Buyer has an approved credit account with the Company. An application for the opening of a credit account with the
Company shall include an undertaking by the applicant that he/ she has read and agreed to the Company’s Standard Terms and Conditions of Trade.
6. Where the Buyer has a credit account, payment shall be made at the end of the month following date of invoice. If payment by the Buyer is delayed, the Company has the right to charge interest on monies outstanding at the rate of 2% above Natwest Bank base rate per month on the outstanding balance until payment is received. The Company may, at its absolute discretion, close the Buyer’s account at any time and any balances due shall be paid immediately by the Buyer. If no business is transacted for the period of six months, credit account facilities may be withdrawn.
7. The risk in the goods passes to the Buyer upon delivery but equitable and beneficial ownership shall remain with us until full payment has been received including the clearance of any cheques issued as payment (each order being considered as a whole) or until prior pre-sale. In which case beneficial entitlement shall attach to the proceeds of re-sale or to the claim for such proceeds. The property in, and title to, goods supplied by the Company shall remain within the Company until the Buyer has paid the price plus VAT in full, and until no other sums due to the Company from the Buyer remain. In the event of non-payment of sums due to the Company from the Buyer, the Company shall be entitled to enter the Buyer’s premises and to physically repossess and remove there from goods supplied by the Company for which payment has not been received. It will be assumed that, where the Buyer purchases similar goods from the Company on a regular basis, a stock rotation system has operated and goods held relate to invoices still outstanding for which full payment including VAT has not been made.
8. Pack quantities and dimensions of the products are nominal, while every care is taken to maintain standards.
9. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to examine goods supplied by the Company and to identify defects in materials and/or workmanship which might cause damage or injury. Illustrations, descriptions, weights and measurements shall be taken by the Buyer as a guide only, and are not binding in detail. The Company, without notice reserves the right to make such changes in materials, dimensions and design as are reasonable and desirable.
10. Advice, information and opinion given by any Director, Employee or Agent of the Company is given without legal responsibility. Any recommendations or suggestions made by the Company relating to the use of goods is made in good faith, but it is for the Buyer to satisfy himself of the suitability of the goods for a particular purpose, and he shall be deemed to have done so. Care should be taken to test the product on any particular material before bulk use, since no guarantee can be given.
11. The Company shall not be liable for any damage, injury or claim caused by its goods beyond replacement of the goods upon verification of the Buyer’s complaint.
12. Any period of time named by the Company for the delivery of its goods is an estimate only, and while every effort will be made to deliver on time, the Company will not be liable for any consequences of delay in delivery.
13. The Company reserves the right to levy a 10% handling charge on any goods returned. Goods returned must be in a saleable condition. However, any goods specially produced for the Buyer cannot be returned for credit.
14. These conditions supersede all prior agreements, whether oral or written. Any contract to which these conditions apply shall be governed by, and construed with, English Law.